2) If you are having your Ceremony outside, good idea is to bring some bottled water for your guest, or even some hand held fans .
3) Music can sometimes be really sensitive to some ears, it's always good to place the older people at the back of the room, and put the young lads in front of the DJ.
4 ) When planning your Jack & Jill, don't wait until the last minute to book your DJ, you may have a hard time finding one especially if it's in the middle of Wedding season.
5) When it is time for speeches, and you are holding the Wireless Mic, make sure you are holding it close to your mouth, and not at your stomach. Do not hold the Mic and he bottom, as this is the Antenna which will cause signal problems .
6) Some halls will provide a basket that is set in the bathroom, with mints, toothpicks, spray, you can put whatever you like. Make sure your hall provides this, if they do not, pick something up for your guest to place in the bathroom.
7) Wedding seating charts, I see this a lot where, the names are printed onto an 8 1/2 x 11 paper, and it's hard for the older people to read. Try to make it big enough for them to read. 2ft x 3ft
8) If you have rented a Limo or even a classic car, it's a nice touch to have a red carpet for when the bride gets out of the limo. Also, this helps with her dress not getting dirty.
9) Very Very Very important that the Bride & Groom get lots of sleep the night before. It's going to be a very long day. Your Wedding party should be taking care of all your needs. The DJ wants to see you on the dance floor, and so does your guest.
11) Good idea to go out and buy glow in the dark necklaces, bracelets. This brings more people to the dance floor. You can buy a lot of these items at the dollar store
Pump It Entertainment Wedding Tips
12) Bride and Groom and Wedding party feet may get sore during the Evening with all the dancing, bring some flip flops or sandals for the Ladies, and for the guys, buy some Black Running shoes to put on later in the evening.
13) At your Ceremony, ask the person that is Marrying you if they can announce to your guest where cocktails will be, and what time they will be starting. Sometimes this does not get announced and guest has no idea where to go. A Nice touch would be to post a sign in the hall, maybe even on your Seating chart, what time cocktails will be from and what time dinner will be starting.
14) Playing the right music for you and your guest is a must. So when you send out your invitations to your guest, have a link to my website, where guest can request music, also have a note saying text message the DJ during the evening
15) If you are planning on having your Wedding in a Tent, bring Bug Spray. Also if it's a Windy day, make sure you have all the sides of the tent closed as you do not want everything to blow over on your table.
16) Your guest may end up drinking a bit too much, so you want them to get home safe at the end of the night. Have your MC or DJ announce where they can find the information to get you home safely. Usually, the bartender will have all this for you. If your Wedding is ending at 1 am, have them announce it at 12:00 because in most cases it can take up to 45 mins for DD to arrive at the Hall. Another good Idea is to rent a Bus for your guest. Do a couple of bus trips during the night
17) Photobooth is a great idea to have at your wedding, but it can also take away the people on the dance floor especially if you have the booth in another room where people can gather and next thing you know it becomes a room where people will start talking and losing track of time. Having the booth as close to the dance floor will keep both the dance floor full and the photobooth.
18) The Bride is the Center of attention and when you leave the dance floor they say 30% will leave with you. Try to stay on the dance as much as possible to keep the dance floor going. When some of your guests are leaving, don't stand by the front door, this will make more people think about leaving also.
19 ) If you have a very long vail , and it has patterns on it , and you are walking down the isle for your Ceremony , the Vail can get stuck on the ground , especially with pavement . I would recommend trying it out first before hand .
20) Please allow enough room for the DJ to setup 10FT of space is needed .
21) Remember when it's time to fill out the Wedding planner , and your are figuring out all your songs to be played throughout the evening , just remember that you have guest that will be attending, and you yourself may not like the song that's played , but many others may. Only songs that remind you of a bad memory or even have bad lyrics , you do not want to hear can be added to the do not playlist . My job is to read the crowd and get you on the dance floor .